NEW: Providence’s Dean Hotel Featured in Surface Magazine
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
The feature recognizes the accomplishments of the development and design firm ASH NYC, and the restoration work by Kite Architects for turning what was once a "flophouse and strip club" into an "affordable, tastefully designed hotel."
The Dean, which opened its doors this spring, is a 52-room hotel located in Downtown Providence on Fountain Street. In addition to the hotel, the site includes a German-style beer hall, a karaoke lounge, an artisanal coffee shop, and an intimate cocktail lounge.
Private tour and dinner
In honor of the recognition, the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) Rhode Island will be hosting a private tour and dinner at the hotel on April 16th. The event will also feature a presentations by Owner and developer Ari Heckman of ASH NYC, and New York-based brand leader William Watson, who will discuss their brand approach – encompassing bold visuals, witty advertising, and the meeting of historic architecture, comfort, local experiences, and the hip.
The private tour is available for 10 exclusive spots, which will allow participants to talk first-hand with Heckman and Watson at an intimate dinner at newly-opened The Faust restaurant. The private tour and dinner includes admission to the presentation.
Click here to register
$30 AIGA members / $40 non-members
5:30-6:15 Private tour of The Dean
6:15–7:30 Intimate dinner at The Faust with Ari Heckman and William Watson
Related Slideshow: Millionaire Dream Houses
254 Ocean Ave.
8 beds, 11 baths
Seafair on gated oceanfront peninsula. Gracious interiors, state of the art amenities,8 ensuite br, estate drive, expansive terraces, ocean facing pool, carriage/pool house, tennis, garages. Condominium rights retained. Development opportunities.
589 Beavertail Rd.
5 beds, 6 baths
Exceptional oceanfront location, perfectly sited with commanding waterviews and nestled in a park-like setting, this gracious, architecturally designed home lends itself to comfortable living and is defined by elegance, sophistication and beauty.
791 Indian Ave.
6 beds, 6 baths
"Sentosa" meaning peace and tranquility. Waterfront w/ beach. Spectacular views from nearly every room. Great room, gourmet & catering kitchens, 1st level master, fieldstone fireplaces, elevator, expansive porches, shoreline perfect for swimming, etc.
165 Surfside Ave.
3 beds, 3 baths
Spectacular Atlantic OCEANFRONT. QUONNIE-CENTRAL BEACH. Step from yard to beautiful sandy beach. Enjoy beachcombing, sunrises, sunsets. Panoramic ocean views throughout home. Central Beach Assoc: beach/pond access, tennis, ballfield, playground.
456 Poppasquash Rd.
4 beds, 4 baths
Waterfront in desirable Poppasquash Point. Elegant in design and beautifully crafted 4,400 sq ft 4 bed/4.5 bath geothermal "green" home built to highest standards. Sunsets over the water. Additional acreage available. Subject to subdivision.
119 Cliff Dr.
5 beds, 7 baths
Anawan cliffs - stunning oceanfront contemporary with walls of glass overlooking West Passage and Atlantic Ocean. Beautifully situated on 2 acres with over 6,000 sq ft of living space. Luxurious oceanside pool.
38 Collins Ter.
6 beds, 3 baths
Dazzling waterfront vistas! A rare completely unobstructed 1.8 acres clear to water's edge w 210 ft beach frontage & mooring. Views from every room plus 4 FPs, great room, eat-in-kitchen, paneled library, hardwoods, beautiful landscape,stone walls.
237 Ruggles Ave.
15 beds, 12 baths
FAIRHOLME OCEANFRONT w/ 425' of frontage elevated above Cliff Walk. Impeccable & fully updated. Trumbauer ballroom seats 120, elevator, A/C, generator. Carriage house w/ 6 beds, 5 car garage. 70x40 ocean facing hand tiled pool w/ cabana pavilion.
24 Spring St.
4 beds, 4 baths
Fabulous waterfront compound w/sweeping Bay & bridge views from almost every rm!Custom built stone & shingle 4 bdrm/4.1 bath home PLUS legal 1 bdrm/1.1 bth carriage house,sandy beach, huge waterfrnt deck,DOCK,2 moorings.
45 Catherine St.
5 beds, 5 baths
Ayrault House, iconic intown estate, in historic Newport. Over 1 acre of beautiful gardens,including pool,patio, & a separate studio.Original details include the staircase from the Peter Stuyvesant House, panelled library.
- Hotel Viking Bartender Dishes Being in Maxim Magazine
- NEW: Providence Hotels Outperform National Average For 2012
- Curt Schilling to be Featured in ESPN Documentary on Broke Athletes Tonight
- NEW: Raimondo Featured In Institutional Investor on Pension Reform
- Hotel Workers and Young Democrats to Picket Boycott-Busting Republicans
- NEW: State Releases Hotel and Meal and Beverage Tax Collections for April
- EG’s Main Street Featured on MSNBC for Small Business Saturday
- RI Child Trauma Model Featured at National Conference
- “Luckey” Featured at Cable Car Cinema Wednesday
- NEW: Two Rhode Island Hotels Named US News Best Hotels 2013
- GoLocal’s Coverage of 38 Studios is Featured on CBS Radio - Listen
- RI Native Ava Deluca-Verley Featured in New NBC Sitcom
- More than 1,000 Providence Voters Call for Hotel Worker Min. Wage
- Newport’s Cliffside Inn Named Top 10 Hotel for Dogs
- Julianne Swartz Featured in Inaugural Exhibition at Brown’s Cohen Gallery
- RISD Students Will Be Featured at NY Fashion Week
- Block Island’s Historic Surf Hotel to Reopen After 4 Years
- NEW: Castle Hill Inn Named Top 10 Most Romantic Hotel in US
- Newport’s Forty-One North Hotel Named Top Getaway
- Local Rhode Island Food Innovators to be Featured at Waterfire
- Castle Hill Inn Named Top 10 Seaside Hotels In The World
- NEW: Chanler at Cliff Walk Makes US News Top Hotels 2012
- Three RI Businesses Featured in International Electronics Show
- Met School Co-Founder Dennis Littky featured Speaker at the World Innovation Summit for Education
- Chanler Inn Named Top Cliffside Hotel in World by Departures Magazine
- NEW: Four RI Hotels Named Tops in Conde Nast Traveler Awards
- 200+ RI Student Artists Featured in Salve Regina Showcase
- NEW: Food Trucks To Be Featured At JWU “Fearless Speaker Series”
- Five Things: One Bellevue at the Hotel Viking, Newport
- NEW: NYLO Hotel Re-Opening August 15
- Cianci’s Book Goes National - Featured in POLITICO
- NEW: RISD Alums Featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 Lists